Andrew has over 20 years professional experience in investment banking, business and consulting, having advised on over $30bn of completed M&A transactions, in addition to a large number public and private capital raisings and strategic advice.
Andrew has broad industry experience in metals & mining, oil & gas, power and infrastructure, technology, biotech, financial services, consumer & retail and general industrials.
Recent notable transactions include:
- Advised Ferocia on its $116m sale to Bendigo and Adelaide Bank (ASX:BEN)
- Advised ITOCHU on its joint US$10bn investment with CP Group into CITIC Limited
- Advised BHP Billiton on the divestment of iron ore assets in West Africa
- Advised BAE Systems’ on their A$775m acquisition of Tenix Defence
- Advised Mitsui & Co on the acquisition of interests in Vale’s Mozambique coal assets for US$763m
Prior to joining Henslow, Andrew was the Australian head of Natural Resources (metals and mining, oil and gas, power) at Nomura and predecessor firms Lehman Brothers and Grange Securities. Prior to this Andrew was a successful entrepreneur, founding a successful technology firm and a management consultant with Booz Allen.
Andrew holds a Bcom (Hons) from the University of Western Australia, a MA from the University of Oxford and is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.